Need info re Hose Bibs

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

jabe

Need info re Hose Bibs

Post by jabe » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:55 am

Need info regarding plumbing in mfd home. Hose bibs ended up being 3" above ground (because of in-ground setting and dealer didn't request bibs to be placed 18" higher ... which I just found out yesterday by manufacturing plant.)

I now need hose bib moved (because cement will be poured and prevent accessibility to faucet) and plumber says he can move it to another side where it is totally inconvenient for me and it will still be 3" above ground. Factory-suggested solution I will not even consider (run pipe up through closet!!) Why can't piping be connected to run up through ground outside of house and make it "freestanding"?? Or connect directly to water line and bypass house totally?

Need suggestions or direction to find information/diagrams in order to understand plumbing in manufactured housing. Thanks for any help.

rmurray

Re: Need info re Hose Bibs

Post by rmurray » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:59 pm

Usually the fresh water connection is directly below the water heater..A pipe will have been installed there for the water connection to hook to directly..Manufactured home no longer use a water hose to connect to the water supply as in the old days.....RV's still connect with a specialized hose...

I would think a plumber would be able to handle this with ease...Most owners manuals include complete plumbing diagrams for your specific home....

I hope other here have more insight and might be more helpful...Good Luck

jabe

Re: Need info re Hose Bibs

Post by jabe » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:31 pm

Thanks for taking time to reply. However, I wasn't rather clear on my dilemma. My house is already connected to my water meter. I had hose bibs installed by the factory. However, the house was ground-set so now the hose bibs are way too close to the ground. I'm having cement poured for a back patio, but the height of the slab will almost touch the faucet. The plumber will place hose bib in different location, where I don't want it, and still have the faucet 3" above the ground. I don't want the faucet so close I can barely hook up a hose and it will be too far away to water the back yard (unless I buy a 300 ft. hose). I was looking for another solution. (I have no manuals of anything.)

Anyway, have a pleasant evening.