Carpet cleaning

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Brenda

Carpet cleaning

Post by Brenda » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:09 pm

I have read how bad it is to have cresdeck subfloors in a mh. My question is this; since I have the cresdeck already ( I didn't choose this, wasn't given a choice), how do I clean my carpets? I have read cresdeck can't stand up to water and the steam heat would make it even worse. What should I do?

Mac

Re: Carpet cleaning

Post by Mac » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:12 pm

I have the same stuff and use my carpet cleaner every few months. I have no problems. I don't think it does any damage if little moisture is left behind.
If you still have concern, see if there is a Chem-Dry cleaner in your area. They do a good job, and don't leave much dampness.

mark_wilson

Post by mark_wilson » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:30 am

Hi, Charlie!

Carpets take six to eight hours to dry completely after using a steam cleaner. If it's hot, your carpet should dry even faster.
How often? Depends on circumstances. If you have a large family, pets and kids who are playing on the floor, then I'd say you should vacuum it regularly. When it comes to steam cleaning - once a year would be fine.

StanleyNelson

Post by StanleyNelson » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:37 am

I highly suggest that you pick a carpet cleaning services that offer a custom package. That never compromise when it comes to the quality.