Moving Home Long Distance

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Linda

Moving Home Long Distance

Post by Linda » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:43 pm

I have 3 questions and would really appreciate any replies.

1. Could anyone give me a ballpark figure of what it would cost to move a double wide 2001 Skyline from one site to another 90 miles away.

2. Would it be possible and cost effective to move a double wide from Arizona to California if it would save $100,000. on the price of the home off the lot?

3. Is there any listing of mobile home parks that allow purchase of the lots?

Thanks much for any info.

Linda

Roy T. Bonney

Re: Moving Home Long Distance

Post by Roy T. Bonney » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:17 am

1. The cost of moving a home, doesn't really matter as to a couple of miles, or 90 miles. The largest portion of a move is the tear down and set up at the new site. This figure will be similar in each case. I would suggest that you check with movers at the end location. They will be more familiar with the county code situation at the set up site, and this will speed up the process.
2. Sure this will work, if it will save 100,000, but think about this further, Why isn't everybody in Arizona doing this? Why are the dealers not doing this and making an extra 100,000 ?