Transport Permits In Arizona

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Grag Collins

Transport Permits In Arizona

Post by Grag Collins » Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:54 am

Transport companies in Arizona are being asked to do far more than is necessary. I'll try to give a brief description of the permit process in Arizona.

First- Fill out your bill of lading ( you must know the number of axles as well as the EXACT size of the home to the inch ).This means we must go to the factory and inspect every home before permitting it. Exact size NO MORE NO LESS is what it says on the permit, I asked Linda the supervisor at ADOT Central Permits, she confirmed if I have a permit for 14'0" wide and I am 13'11" wide my permit is NOT valid.

Second- Fill out your " Class C " permit application. This includes weight of the home, exact route, box width, hight, overall length, and size of eve. The problem with this is not all trucks are the same length. Again ALL measurements are EXACT including weight.

Third- Fax this request to Class C permit section and wait 2 or 3 days for them to send it to " Central Permits " . You better not get anything wrong on the application because if you did you wont know untill three days later then you fix it and wait another three days.

Fourth- Send or take another form to Central Permits with all the same info as the Class C form.You must put specific truck info on this form ( plate # , year , make,etc... ). This means you will need to know what truck is going where 3-4 days ahead of time.Send a copy of your freight bill with it, you will also need a copy of your registration, as well as IFTA they wont make copies for you. If you filled out all the forms properly, congratulations, you should get your permit within 24 hours, if you made a mistake sorry you cant work this week!

All this to do what most states will give a blanket annual permit for. We need help, we have contacted MHIA they are more concerned with not upsetting people at the state. Trucking associations dont even know what a manufactured home is. Money is not an issue, we are all ready to pay to get something done. The lost revenue is hurting us all.

If you can help please contact Greg Collins (928) 978-5403 Cell#
Collins Transport
P.O. Box 1942
Litchfield Park, AZ 85340