Palm Harbor

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Daniel Garcia

Palm Harbor

Post by Daniel Garcia » Mon Mar 24, 2003 9:14 pm

I would like to know what your thoughts are about Palm Harbor ? My wife and I are torn between palm Harbor and Karsten. We live in Albuquerque, NM and these are the two manufacturer's we are looking into. Palm Harbor is definitly more customer focused but I feel that Karsten is built better. I just don't like Karsten's floors. Palm Harbor I hear has great service after the sale but Karsten's factory is right here in Albuquerque and Palm Harbor is based out of Dallas. A tough decision. Any info you can provide to help us make up our minds would be greatly appreciated. We liked Solitaire and that is where I found out about this website but they were not very accomodating because thay found out we had secured our own financing and were unable to work with us because we are financing through HUD 184. Thank you for your time.

Drew Pierce

Re: Palm Harbor

Post by Drew Pierce » Mon Mar 24, 2003 9:30 pm

Ask your dealer to compare their homes to each other on paper. Be sure to compare apples to apples. In my many years in the manufactured housing industry I have always been a firm believer of Palm Harbor's products. Let me know if I can help.

Thanks,

Drew Pierce
Lakeside Builders, Inc.
President

Lynne Stewart

Post by Lynne Stewart » Tue Mar 25, 2003 5:59 am

We have a Palm Harbor Home and adore it and have been thrilled with their after service care. Each factory differsm see if it's possible to find out what the Customer survey results are on the factory in your area.
I remember seeing Karsten's floor plans and loving them but since it's not in our area I never checked into quality.

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Tue Mar 25, 2003 7:49 am

I learn more on this board than all the training classes I have ever been to in the industry....

You have used a new term for me..."we are financing through HUD 184"....Can you please take a second and explain what this finance is all about...or post a link to the apprpriate web site where I can get info???????????/

Charlotte Maness

Post by Charlotte Maness » Tue Mar 25, 2003 9:05 pm

I'd like to know more about HUD 184, as well, Murray, you aren't the only one. :-)

JohnnyJ

Re:HUD 184

Post by JohnnyJ » Tue Mar 25, 2003 10:51 pm

Hud 184 is a government guaranteed loan program available to Native Americans,
Alaskans, and Hawaiians. I believe you have to be a member of a tribe to
participate as this program operates through the Office of Public and Indian
Housing. For more info go to: http://www.codetalk.fed.us/loan184.html

rmurray

Re:HUD 184

Post by rmurray » Wed Mar 26, 2003 6:41 am

Thanks....not too many native Hawaiians or Alaskans in my GA neighborhood...but there are a few Native Amaericans...I will keep it in mind..

Terry

Check out the Schult of Buckeye, Az Some fine homes

Post by Terry » Wed Mar 26, 2003 6:18 pm

Hello,

You could also check out the Schult of Buckeye, Az. They build one of the best manufactured home out of Arizona and deliver them into New Mexico and Colorado. Their homes are built heavy duty and use very good building materials. good luck!