Selling 2002 MH

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Kim

Selling 2002 MH

Post by Kim » Mon Mar 24, 2003 2:29 pm

Last Spring my husband and I purchased a new Palm Harbor home and placed in on rented space. Less than 4 months later my husband got a new job out of the area. The end of April I will be starting a new job out of the area as well. We've been trying to sell it since October. First on our own, for the past 6 weeks with a realtor. We've gotten nowhere. Now we'll have a mortgage payment for a house we don't even live in and will not be able to afford this for very long at all.

Any suggestions on what our options are? I've heard of something called a "quick sale" where the house goes back to the bank, but have no idea what's involved or how bad our credit would be harmed. That's the last thing we want to do, so suggestions on ways to speed up selling a home would be appreciated too.

Thanks

JohnnyJ

Re: Selling 2002 MH

Post by JohnnyJ » Mon Mar 24, 2003 10:29 pm

I feel your pain. There isn't a whole lot you can do to make a "quick sale."

If you have only lived in your home for 4 months, then you are most likely
going to lose some money when you sell. This would be true for any home,
stick built or manufactured.

I have no idea how much money you have put down on the home, but you will
have to price it close to or below the selling price for your model home new,
and find a buyer who wants to live in it in a park or is willing to move it. The
thing to remember when discussing price with a prospect is that the home is
already setup, and everything should be in good working order.

From what I have read from other posts, selling a home in a park is not easy,
unless it's a very desirable location.

good luck