Don't know where to turn

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Diana

Don't know where to turn

Post by Diana » Sat Mar 22, 2003 6:08 pm

I've tried for 6 months to sell my 1997 Oakwood on rented land without success. I am getting married and moving across the country in just a few months. I cannot imagine allowing this mobile home to come between me and happiness. My question is this - I really see no other alternative than to have it repossessed. For a lot of reasons, renting it out and having it moved are out of the question. If I want to have it repossessed - do I call the mortgage company? Will they work with me on payments after they sell it? If I plan to move on August 1, should I wait until August 1 (when a payment is due) to call them? What about my lot rent - do I just not pay it, either? I an interested in any information or thoughts you might have. This feels awful, but when I bought this home I was sure I would grow old and retire here (I am 55 years old) - who ever imagined I would find love? Thanks for any advise you might have!

Drew Pierce

Re: Don't know where to turn

Post by Drew Pierce » Sat Mar 22, 2003 9:24 pm

It is a terrible idea to have your home repossesed, however, you may be left with no other option. Unfortuneatly even if the home is repossesed, and resold, even if you are to make restitution to the mortgage company, your credit would be scared. Have you tried listing the home with a Realtor? Also, depending what you owe on the home compared to the wholesale value, maybe a dealership in your area would buy the home from you, thus keeping your credit, and not holding you from moving. If I can be of any more help, please email me.

Drew Pierce
Lakeside Homes
West Rutland, Vermont

JohnnyJ

Post by JohnnyJ » Sat Mar 22, 2003 10:36 pm

What drew said and a wee bit more...

Not only will the repo effect your credit standing, it will most likely impact your
future husband's credit as well. It would be better to lose some money on the
trailer by selling it for less than having it repo'ed.

Suppose you and your husband want to buy a home or car. The first thing that
happens is a credit check. Something to consider.

good luck

janet jackson

Post by janet jackson » Sun Mar 23, 2003 11:54 pm

I PUT UP A SECURITY DEPOSIT AND WAS TURNED DOWN, TO MOVE IN THIS PARK IN TEXAS. THEY SAY I CAN NOT GET MY MONEY BACK . IS THIS TRUE.

Bob(OH)

Post by Bob(OH) » Mon Mar 24, 2003 3:23 am

yep.