unique mobile homes

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

angie harbin

unique mobile homes

Post by angie harbin » Fri Mar 14, 2003 7:22 pm

dear sir,
i am looking for a unique style of mobile home.. preferably single wide or small double wide that has the asthetic appearance of a log cabin or an older style home.. ie with a covered front porch big enough for a swing... can you give me any ideas as how to find what im looking for or some companys that manufacture this liine of mobiles?

ang

Dan F

Re: unique mobile homes

Post by Dan F » Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:59 pm

I know Karsten makes a model like this it has the log siding and a large covered porch.

Mac

Post by Mac » Mon Mar 17, 2003 12:52 pm

Many companies will do half-log siding as an option, but it will cost $2-5K extra, and you'll have the periodic maintenance of staining or painting. My wife and I considered it, but backed away at the price, and went with the standard Hardi-Plank. Fuqua are the most stylish I've seen.

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Tue Mar 18, 2003 12:33 pm

You are lucky to be in AL....Indies, Southern Energy, River Birch and I am sure others offer the pine (looks like cedar) half log finish for the interior or the exterior..

All of these plants offer some unusual floorplans...Check them out..