Notification of supplemental assessment letter

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Natasha

Notification of supplemental assessment letter

Post by Natasha » Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:52 am

Could anyone tell me what is the Notification of supplemental assessment letter that I got really means? Does that mean I have to pay property tax or some kind of assessment tax on the new manufactured home we bought last April? And why is it that they are writing me now after almost a year?

Thanks

Dan F.

Re: Notification of supplemental assessment letter

Post by Dan F. » Mon Mar 10, 2003 2:27 pm

I got one of these also, you will be paying more for taxes based on the increased value of your property because of the home. Yes it is a notification to pay taxes. It most likely took a year because taxes for the previous year were paid when you purchased. This is the amount you owe in addition because of the increased value for last years taxes.

Natasha

Post by Natasha » Mon Mar 10, 2003 4:58 pm

Thanks for the information. Question: Does that mean next when we file taxes do we get to claim that as well?

Bill Fry

Post by Bill Fry » Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:09 pm

If you itemize your taxes you can take off any property taxes,homes,cars,boats,whatever.
If you dont have enough deductions to get past Uncle Sams standard deduction you cannot add property tax as an additional deduction.

Natasha

Post by Natasha » Wed Mar 12, 2003 1:26 pm

Thanks for the information.. It is greatly appreciated.