sell single wide to buy double wide

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Barb Kuntz

sell single wide to buy double wide

Post by Barb Kuntz » Sun Mar 09, 2003 9:55 pm

we have a single wide trailor. We would like to buy a double wide,and put a full basement under it. Every Mobile home place we talk to only wants to give us half of what we paid for it. We have 15yr to pay on it. We 've had it for 4yrs. We need to sell this one for what is owed on it,so that we can get a double wide. How do I get the most for my home,so I can afford a double wide? Can you please help!

Michelle

Re: sell single wide to buy double wide

Post by Michelle » Wed Mar 12, 2003 11:46 pm

Have you tried putting an ad in the paper or community news letter? I have known people who have and did better that way then trying to deal with a dealer. Good Luck!!

jgn

Re: sell single wide to buy double wide

Post by jgn » Thu Mar 13, 2003 12:50 pm

Barb:

If it is not a land package than the value will not be very much. There are a ton of singles on the market and they are not bringing much. Has a dealer offered anything in trade? The chance of you not being upside down on the single is slim maybe you could get a TOP to get out from under. Check NADA.com and that will give you some idea what the home is worth.