Why a MFH & what's the best?

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

norma

Why a MFH & what's the best?

Post by norma » Sun Mar 09, 2003 11:25 am

Hi: I first came across manufactured homes on a showcase lot of Santiago, and Fleatwood...they seemed nice...although I don't like living in a family park, idea...can one purchase their own land and take it from there? Sounds rather complicated?
The utilization of space was impressive...this seems to be the way to actually own your own home in an afforable manner as compared with the traditional modes...but does it count in the same ways and benefits as being a homeowner of a traditional home...everything is soooooo expensive in California...and we are working at cleaning up our credit...we want a 4 bedroom with 2 baths and plenty of square-footage...being a writer...and a homeschooler and a hubby returning to college, we needs odles of room for our precious books...we don't want to be "stuck" in a familypark and other someone's proverbial thumb...I dunno if this is the way to go, or not...would appreciate the feedback from the seasoned buyers/owners out there...we feel soooooo green. Thanks Bunches! The Casini's

Dan F.

Re: Why a MFH & what's the best?

Post by Dan F. » Sun Mar 09, 2003 1:06 pm

Where in CA are you I am in the Northern bay area. The best home really is based on your budget. You can get a palace or a modest abode.

Art Rigsby

Post by Art Rigsby » Sun Mar 09, 2003 6:46 pm

I live in Lake County and have a MH on my on land. The benefits are the same as any other home as long as it is sitting on a foundation on your own land. It is taxed the same and you get the same deductions as a stick built home. Putting your MH home on your on land is not complicated. Also, in California, no matter where you put a MH, it will appreciate in value.

Art

Don

Post by Don » Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:14 am

I'm thinking about a placing a home on a foundation in the SW Florida area. Would it appreciate like a stick built home? Are there any economic reasons to do this compared to buying an existing conventional home?
I have heard conflicting thoughts on the appreciation of mobile homes: the tax appraiser for our rural county says mobile homes not on a foundation certainly depreciate yearly, about 3% a year, but they have no comment on a home on a foundation and say they are looking into that question this year.