I need advice on Champion Homes.

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Eric

I need advice on Champion Homes.

Post by Eric » Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:47 am

I am looking to buy a manufactured home, within the next 6-12 months. I have never owned my own home. I live with my parents, and am looking to get my first place. Manufactured housing is very attractive to me. I've been browsing for quite some time now. I will soon order Randy Eaton's books. From all the looking I've done, Champion Homes of Tennessee, seem to be a very good buy. I've looked at Fleetwoods, Claytons, Belmonts, and Patriots. If I could I would get a Fuqua, but there just too expensive for my league. I've noticed on the forum that Randy Eaton said Champion was one of his favorites. I would appreciate anyones advice.

Brian

Re: I need advice on Champion Homes.

Post by Brian » Fri Feb 28, 2003 2:44 pm

I am in the process of figuring out a floor plan for a 16X80 Champion. It will be built in Tennessee. 99% of everything I've asked the dealer to modify, they can do. Check out my other post "Need Opinions On Dealer Quote" and you'll see right now, some of the things that they can do on a 16X80 at 39K.

I do not think you'll go wrong in a Champion. Just make sure that the dealer works to get what YOU want and not what THEY want. If you buy that book, you'll be surprised on how easy the process is when you're armed with that knowledge.

Just for the record, my current dealer is Red-Sun Homes in Russell Springs, KY and they have been fantastic so far.

Hope this helps you.

Brian

Dan F.

Post by Dan F. » Fri Feb 28, 2003 4:17 pm

Champion produces Silvercrest so you can option them to look almost identical. I would make sure you take care of all the structural stuff first then worry about cosmetics and luxury. They are a good home though for the money. Good luck

Eric

Post by Eric » Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:55 pm

Thanks for the input. The local dealer I will probably use sells the Carribean/Carribean Elite, by Champion Homes of Tennessee. They can special order a different series by the same plant. I'll most likely get a double wide. The dealer is just getting in some new 2003 models. I went and saw a couple yesterday, and they're really nice. One of the new double wides was a 28x48, 3 bedroom, 2 bath ( 1,173 sq. ft. ). It was $35,000 ( a/c, steps, delivery, setup, and skirting ). The other one was a 28x54, 4 bedroom, 2 bath ( 1,333 sq. ft. ). It was $37,900. I liked it the best. It was really sweet! You can go to www.championhomesoftennessee.com and view the other model lines. I don't think they have got their website completely updated for 2003, because the brochure I've got contains floorplans that are not on the website.