manufactured homes

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

moun mean

manufactured homes

Post by moun mean » Thu Feb 27, 2003 3:29 pm

Hi,
My questions are going to sound a bit naive. But today was the first day that I realize that such homes existed. So I am hoping that you are able to offer a bit information for me and to answer some of my questions. I want to know what's the difference between manufactured homes that made them a lot cheaper? And also, If I would like to purchase one, are they offered in every state,( I live in MA)? And do I need to buy a vacant land first, and are there some fees, like renting fee, or anything like that sort for this type of home. If you can get back to me wiht answer to these questins, I would greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
MOUn

Dan F.

Re: manufactured homes

Post by Dan F. » Fri Feb 28, 2003 1:40 pm

There are books in the book store by Randy Eaton that are very helpful. They answer most of your questions

Bob

Re: manufactured homes

Post by Bob » Fri Feb 28, 2003 4:42 pm

Unfortunately, manufactured homes can not be placed on your own private land in Ma. You can however place then in a manufactured housing community. A Ma. dealer will help you to locate a park. In Vermont, where I moved to from Ma. a few years ago, I was able to place my manufactured home on my own land. Go to the library and get the books. Do a lot of research like I did so you don’t get burnt…..