Rack parameters

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Carla

Rack parameters

Post by Carla » Tue Feb 25, 2003 12:29 pm

We just moved into our double wide and have so many problems with the company that sold us our home. THe factory tech was out here about a month ago to fix the doors (aparently they do this after moving it) and the back door had a huge gap (we were told to stuff installtion in it till they could get to us and we couldndt lock the dead bolt. ANyway, while the Tech was here he was looking at our other issues. One was the way our outside house (the roof) didnt match up. He told us the house needed to be racked because theire is a huge difference. We were told by him a 1/4 to 1/2 inch difference is normal, but ours is way more than that. The mobile home dealer, told us he shouldnt have said anything to us and is getting a nother tech to look at it. So my question is what is a Normal diffence to have on the eaves. I have searched and searched and cant find where this is listed. If you can direct me to were i can find information in writing I would appreciate it
Thanks

Bill Fry

Re: Rack parameters

Post by Bill Fry » Tue Feb 25, 2003 4:07 pm

Your house probably wasnt set right and needs to be reset.Your dealer is giving you the runaround because he doesn't want to foot the bill.This needs to be corrected before your warranty expires.Stay on the dealers a** and make him deliver.

Carla

Post by Carla » Tue Feb 25, 2003 4:15 pm

that is whaat we thought, for the last month we have kept detailed information of EVERYTHING, i am hoping we wont have to need it , but...................
we call him daily even multiple times.

S. Jordan

Post by S. Jordan » Fri Feb 28, 2003 12:49 am

Carla, What is your state location? Possibly, you may have some recourse through a state manufactured housing program, such as the Department of Manufactured Housing and Community Affairs. There are governing laws such as the House Bill 1869, concerning installation on land owned by the homeowner. Pretty soon the government will have something to say about all these injustices
being paid by the purchaser. I hope it's not too late for you. Get busy on that computer of yours, and do not give up!!