Town and Country

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Stephen

Town and Country

Post by Stephen » Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:59 pm

I am looking at buying a 2003 Town and Country home. I have looked through the forums and do not see much on this brand. The price that the dealer is asking is 39,900 for a 28 by 48 3br 2bth. The home has double insulated windows, upgraded insulation, solid oak cabinets, and many other "upgrades". I was wondering if this is a good brand or are these "upgrades" just masking a bad brand of home. One other thing that I am wondering is if I should be buying the home from a factory liquidator. They, the liquidator, buys homes from lots that are closing and sells them at lower costs then a factory retailer. Should I be wary of buying a home from them or are liquidators just like factory retailers, some good some bad? Any help would be appreciated....Stephen

rmurray

Re: Town and Country

Post by rmurray » Sun Feb 23, 2003 1:27 pm

Town and Country is a Cavalier brand...They are the same as the Cavalier, Bellcrest, Homestead and other Cavalier brands mentioned here...

I understnd...could be wrong but you should get your info directly from the factory service department.....but I believe that Cavailier takes these dealer repos as used homes and offer no warranty....Be sure you check it our and be ready to take the risk..

stephen

Post by stephen » Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:03 pm

so you are saying even though this home is new and never lived in that Cavalier might consider this as a repo? Thanks...

Dan F

Post by Dan F » Sun Feb 23, 2003 8:04 pm

Stephen where are you located?

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:02 am

YES...be sure to check with the service manager at the plant before you buy...

Helen

Post by Helen » Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:06 am

Stephen
I have no direct dealings with Town and Country, but a good friend of mine owns one. It is a 1998, and has many upgrades. I can tell you right now she is very disappointed in how it has held up, and would like to sell it or trade it in. I can't tell you specifics, but have heard her express her concerns and disappointment on many ocassions. Just food for thought.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Tue Mar 11, 2003 4:03 pm

I am in Kemp, Tx...apx 30 miles south-east of Dallas...sorry it took so long I work off-shore and have been gone for 2 weeks.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Tue Mar 11, 2003 4:05 pm

Thank all of yall for you input...