My Title?

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Diane Miracle

My Title?

Post by Diane Miracle » Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:14 pm

Hi, I don't know if you can help me or not but I figured it was worth a try. I own a mobile home and recently paid it off. I paid it off around the end of October. First the bank told me I would recieve my title within 2 weeks after it was paid off. I didn't recieve it so I called them and then they told me that it gets sent from the bank to the Secretary of State, then they will send it to me. I live in New York. They said it takes the Secretary a while to do this and that the bank had already sent it to them , I should recieve it in a couple weeks. As you can tell it's been months and still nothing. I was just wondering if you could tell me who I can contact to find my title? I hope you can help.
Thank You...

rmurray

Re: My Title?

Post by rmurray » Sat Feb 22, 2003 5:21 am

My guess would be the Sec. of States office...or what ever office there is that handles titles in your state...You should persue this soon....just in case the bank were to sell out and records of your loan disappear...No rush...but you should follow up now until you get it...