Best Mobile home for Money

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Pam

Best Mobile home for Money

Post by Pam » Sun Feb 09, 2003 7:15 pm

I am moving to Florida and am looking for the best Value and Craftsmanship between the NOBILITY (Kingswood) Homes of Merit and the Palm Harbor homes?I know the construction on Palm Harbor is supposed to be better but how do the Nobility count up considering price difference? thanks

Pam

Re: Best Mobile home for Money

Post by Pam » Sun Feb 09, 2003 8:25 pm

I went back and read old listings and it seems Palm Harbor has good reports mostly I am looking at the FULLEST house package But if there is anyone out there who has NOBILITY (kingswood) let me know if they are any good I know they are like 30,000 cheaper from what I could see but inside and construction is a BIG concern I know FLEETWOOD is a NO NO NO!!! awful experience been there done that RUN from them :D

Tom

Re: Best Mobile home for Money

Post by Tom » Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:25 pm

Just my two cents. I am in Florida and have been looking heavily between Palm Harbor and Homes of Merit. I am leaning towards Homes of Merit. I've done a great deal of research and presently in negotiations.

Tom

Penny

Re: Fleetwood -No, No, No

Post by Penny » Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:21 am

Pam, would you mind elaborating on your experience with Fleetwood? I've seen two Fleetwoods that I've been considering. These are at a factory dealeship.

lou

Post by lou » Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:02 am

i had a nobility in florida, i am the process of selling it now, it was horrible. i would never buy another nobility. i can not remember the model. let me see if i can look it up. hold on, i just found the paper, it is a nobility kingswood. horrible, i don't know the construction of it, when i bought it i didn't know about that sort of thing. (won't make that mistake again). the roof leaks and their is so much damage. i had a fleetwood many yrs ago and loved it, another friend of mine got one about 2 yrs ago and she loves it. no problems at all. i am in the process of purchasing another and i am looking at fleetwood again. sorry i could not give you more details about our bad home. good luck to you.

Pam

Post by Pam » Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:44 pm

Yes Penny. It was real shoddy craftsmanship the home was made with the rafters on wrong side of markers therefor the house was not together right! the exhaust and the plumbing drain vents were not connected they were just run into the wall like they were. The cheap cabinetry and the 2x4 walls at 2 FT apart and not 16 inch. the floors are not together properly together they are also the presss board flooring NO PLYWOOD! the cheap fawcets and BAD carpeting. They may be good if you are buying the HIGH END ones but the Medium cost ones are SO low end! worst experience in a home I have ever had....Pam

Pam

Post by Pam » Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:47 pm

Whats the price range of a 4 BR 2 BA 2000 sz ft or more model of the Homes of Merit Tom? I found the Fullest model of the Palm Harbor and get the $5000 bonus upgrade on fireplace and GE appliances for 80,000 is this good or bad? Thank Pam

Pam

Post by Pam » Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:49 pm

Thanks Lou. I was wanting to look at the Nobility Kingswood BUTCH model what price range do you have on your home? this home I was gonna look at is the 28X80...Pam

Pam

Forgot about SKYLINE

Post by Pam » Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:53 pm

oh I almost forgot to ask about Skyline??? any suggestions or opinions?

Mrs X

Re: Richard, here's your cue!!!!

Post by Mrs X » Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:45 am

We'll just let our favorite contributor, Richard, answer that one for you - but you might wanna go fix yourself a cup of coffee, put on your fuzzy bedroom slippers, and pack a lunch.............

Ri-i-i-i-i-i-i-I-CHARD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!