HOM VS PALM HARBOR

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Tom

HOM VS PALM HARBOR

Post by Tom » Mon Feb 03, 2003 7:08 pm

I live in Tallahassee Florida and have been looking at both HOM and Palm Harbor. They both appear to be very good builders. They both seem to offer good quality and nice options etc. My main concern is the quality and integrity of the construction of the home as well as the reputation of the company. The company is who will have to stand behind their product. I know the importance of selecting a good dealer. I have looked at both and can see the nice little touches they both offer. My concern is how good is what I CAN'T see. I plan to get something around 2400 square feet and will go for the energy saver package etc. and not skimp. Will also go with fully textured walls and 1/2" sheetrock etc.

Ok, any unbiased opinions out there?

Thanks!

Tom

rmurray

Re: HOM VS PALM HARBOR

Post by rmurray » Tue Feb 04, 2003 12:36 pm

Palm Harbor builds all different kinds of homes...The LaGrange, GA home is no where near the quality of the HOM...The Alabama built home is closer...but there are major differences between it and a Bay Manor..HOM...The Palm Harbor from Plant City, FL..is very much like a HOM...The only major difference is that the HOM plant would be closer to you..and be able to service you easier...

Narrow it down to 1 from each and make a plant visit to both...This will be very eye opening..Good Luck