HUD - 007487 Handbook 4145.1

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

michael sotire

Re: HUD - 007487 Handbook 4145.1

Post by michael sotire » Thu Feb 06, 2003 2:31 pm

The "Blueprint for the American Dream" legislation, a Bush administration initiative focused on affordable housing has resulted in an abundance of questions and reliable answers re: manufactured housing, refis's, new mortgages, permanent foundations, etc. Although the states vary in their interpretations, there is now a program called " Home Town", an affordable housing/economic development project that works with homes and parks owners to help them better understand their particular situation and convert their properties from personal to real, and with corresponding lower interest rates. Until Project Home Town, there was no direct manufactured housing representation within the Blueprint partnership, which includes Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, NAHB and NAMB. Would be pleased to correspond initially through e-mail with any interested parties who may be interested in learning more about the project.

S. Jordan

Re: HUD - 007487 Handbook 4145.1

Post by S. Jordan » Fri Feb 28, 2003 12:07 am

michael sotire,
Re: "Blueprint for the American Dream" legislation and Project Home Town.
I am an interested party and would like to learn more about theses projects. How do I get started? Can you point me in the right direction?
Looking forward to hearing from you!
S. Jordan