M.H.E./ Mansion

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Kirk Dettloff

M.H.E./ Mansion

Post by Kirk Dettloff » Mon Jan 27, 2003 8:36 pm

I am looking for the manufacturer of my mobile home. I want to move it and put it on property and I need the blue prints of where to put the foundation points. The plaque in the kitchen says the manufacture is M.H.E. and the title says Mansion. Could you tell me who make this home so that I can get the blue prints for the foundation.

Thanks ,

Kirk

rmurray

Re: M.H.E./ Mansion

Post by rmurray » Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:15 am

Mansion was bought and then later closed by Cavalier Homes...They were built in North Carolina...

I doubt you will be able to get much info from them...Good Luck

bigjoe

Post by bigjoe » Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:07 pm

Sorry Murray but your facts are wrong. Mansion is a division of M.H.E. they are still alive and kicking in Bryan, OH. I know because I saw them at the Louisville mobile home show.

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Wed Jan 29, 2003 6:53 am

Oh well...This shows why brand names and even manufacturer names can be confusing...Even to those of us in the business...Makes it almost impossible to make a comparison guide..
Even though the Mansion..Brigadier Mansion...Cavalier Mansion is out of business the web site is still active at

http://cis.cinfosystems.com/cis/salesse ... istory.htm

It reads..
"
Mansion Homes is one of the oldest manufactured home producers in North Carolina. The current facility produced its first manufactured home in 1969. In 1987 we merged with Cavalier Homes, Inc., which is a publicly owned company and its stock is traded on the New York Stock exchange under the symbol CAV.

"

SHENA

Post by SHENA » Mon Feb 10, 2003 6:09 am

I have heard that you can trade in a manufactured home much like a car is this true and how does it work??