who is the best? value and built

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

bob

who is the best? value and built

Post by bob » Sun Jan 19, 2003 8:57 pm

We attepting to get a manufactured home for my mother...but everyone claims they're the best and the competitor is the worst.... who do yo say offers a high quality product for the asking price? please respond soon.
thank you,
Bob

JohnnyJ

Re: who is the best? value and built

Post by JohnnyJ » Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:00 am

I going to go out on a limb here, and tell you that each manufacturer has good, best,
and better homes. I've been looking for about 6 weeks. I also ordered Randall Eaton's
book. It was an eye opener. Look for the quality in the construction, not in the
eyeball appeal of the interior.

I have found that while companies do build to HUD standards, some companies
simply build better homes. My personal turn offs are plastic lavs, fixed hinge pin
doors, 2X4 exterior walls, OSB floors, etc.... ad nauseum.

Most all manufacturers offer options for upgrading everything. If you find one that
does not, then write them off.

You pay more for a better built home, period, site built or manufactured.

good luck

bob

Post by bob » Mon Jan 20, 2003 1:01 pm

Thanks for the response johnny. i think i will order the book also ...to open my eyes too...
bob

Andy Bernadett

Post by Andy Bernadett » Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:28 pm

I am looking for suppliers of two-story duplex MHs at about 1,300 sq. ft per side. Who supplies duplexes to N. California and who has most reliable product and delivery?

Thanks for your help.