Georgia-Pacific Products

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Bob

Georgia-Pacific Products

Post by Bob » Fri Jan 17, 2003 7:09 am

I have been in my factory built home for three years. The experience has been nothing short of great. I was fortune to have been able to work with a great dealer, manufacture along with receiving great customer service. Having come from a custom stick built home, I was concerned about some of the Georgia-Pacific products used in the manufacturing of my home. Before buying my home I did some research on the Novodeck, used for the flooring and Stedi-R fiberboard used for the exterior sheathing. I did purchase and place moisture alarms in all key wet areas such as under sinks, behind washer dryer, and inside water heater closet. When cleaning my siding I only use a very damp cloth with a no-rinse safe cleaner. I do however have a barely audible squeak in my living room flooring. The dealer has been more than happy to cure it, but I plan to upgrade to hardwood flooring at a later date and will address that issue at that time. Other than that is their anything else I should do or watch out for while I own this home. I plan to keep this home well into my sunset years.

rmurray

Re: Georgia-Pacific Products

Post by rmurray » Fri Jan 17, 2003 7:47 am

Moisture alrams are a new one for me....Sounds like an interesting solution to the problems with NovoDeck...but why did you not upgrade to OSB or plywood????

My only advise is keep up the good efforts and make sure the floor does not get wet...Other common places for problems with this floor are at the wax rings of the toilets, in front of the shower and at entry doors.....Of course there can be no moisture build up under the home...but I am sure you already know this..