conseco

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

jessica kiefer

conseco

Post by jessica kiefer » Sat Jan 11, 2003 11:33 am

Hi all,
My husband and I purchased a repo mobile home. We financed thru Conseco. As you know they have filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. What I would like to know is what happens to the people who have financing thru them. Can we gain our title to our doublewide without paying the rest of our loan? Thank You for your time.....Tom and Jessica Kiefer

the refiman

Re: conseco

Post by the refiman » Sat Jan 11, 2003 12:43 pm

Chapter 11 is a reorganization plan not a liquidation plan. They are still in business and still lending ( although MH homes divison may still be suspended from originating new business)

All a Chapter 11 does is let them reorganize their debt structure. Otherwise it is business as usual.

To answer your question-NO. You will have to continue paying your note as agreed.

Good Luck,

Bill Fry

Post by Bill Fry » Sat Jan 11, 2003 6:55 pm

It would be nice if that was possible !
Even if Conseco went belly up somebody would still buy their outstanding loans.
This means nothing to you however as you will continue to pay your loan payment as normal to whomever might buy it from Conseco.

BIGjoe

Post by BIGjoe » Sat Jan 11, 2003 10:19 pm

Are you crazy, that could be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I told my wife that and she about fell down the steps laughing. Nice try but I dont think so.

Richard

Post by Richard » Sun Jan 12, 2003 1:57 pm

BIGjoe, your name said it all. That is a problem in our society today. Other people always think that because 'they know it all' then everyone should 'know it all. The well educated and good sense of many people can overlook the other person not understanding 'everything'. Someday, Bj, someone will laugh at you.

BIGjoe

Post by BIGjoe » Sun Jan 12, 2003 8:55 pm

Lighten up a little Dickie, have a little fun with life and dont take everything so serious. The world would be a better place if people like you didnt take everything so serious. You have to admit her thinking she was going to get that trailer free and clear was a little funny.

BIGjoe

Pat

Post by Pat » Mon Jan 13, 2003 8:30 am

Not really. Years ago my daughter owed a debt to a businessman that she really didn't think she owed, but paid him payments anyway. All of a sudden, he shut his doors and left town. End of debt. Guess he wasn't such a good businessman after all. Not exactly the same as conseco but who knew?

Margaret

Post by Margaret » Tue Jan 14, 2003 9:22 am

When we purchased our double wide in May '02, it was financed with Conseco. In November '02, our loan was transferred to a different company (Vanderbilt, I think).

Maybe that's what they will do with your loan.