problem with repairs

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

SHEILA LANGLEY

problem with repairs

Post by SHEILA LANGLEY » Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:37 am

I purchased a new mobile home in Feb. of 2001. For the past 2 yrs we have not been able to get anyone out here to fix it. First we are told the manufacturer went bankrupt. Then we just get a runaround. The roof leaks, we never recieved a key to our patio door, and still do not have one., there is a large hole cut in our bathroom wall, supposedly for an access panel that they never finished, and many more problems. I would like to know who I can contact for help. I have tried the Better Buisiness Bureau, and the company I purchased from directly. All I get is a run around. Any help you can give me on who to contact would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Sheila Langley

rmurray

Re: problem with repairs

Post by rmurray » Thu Jan 09, 2003 4:03 pm

If your dealer will not help with the factory obligation...you are on your own...If the manufacturer filed bankruptcy...there is no one to complain about...Sorry...but your problems seem fairly minor...Good Luck

the refiman

Re: problem with repairs

Post by the refiman » Thu Jan 09, 2003 4:54 pm

1st) call your State Attry Gen Office and ask if your state requires manufactures to be licensed ort registered. Then ask for the agency that is responsible.
2) Contact that agency and ask if manufactures are required to post a bond for licensing or registration. If they are, then ask what is the proceedure for filing a claim against that bond.They will advise you as to what course of action you must take.

Good Luck,