mobile homes

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Nancy Claire

mobile homes

Post by Nancy Claire » Mon Jan 06, 2003 3:10 pm

I am new to this market and do not know one mobile home from another as far as quality of construction is concerned. Is there anywhere on the web that I could obtain this information? I'm really trying to determine if a Titan is a well built mobile home... on the high end??? the low end? or somewhere in between... and what are some of the better quality made mobile homes?

JJ

Re: mobile homes

Post by JJ » Mon Jan 06, 2003 11:45 pm

The following URL will get you there: http://www.titanhomes.net/main.htm

After looking at the photos, they appear to be on the low to mid end scale of
housing. Vinyl wrap T/O and PLASTIC lavs (YUK.)

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Tue Jan 07, 2003 6:06 am

I am not sure where you are at...The titan name is used by Champion Homes in many parts of the country...It was just recently introduced in the SE...built in one of the Homes of Merit plants...by far the bottom of the line from this plant...but..the price is also cheaper than the other product from this location...You get what you pay for..

Endrea

Post by Endrea » Sat Jan 11, 2003 11:25 pm

Titan houses are built like crapola! I paid near 59,000 for mine, and upgraded the insulation, and I am freezing in the winter. You can email them or try to get help and it falls on deaf ears!! If I knew then what I know now, I sure would not have invested in one of these homes in a park no less. I have tried to sell it for 3 years, without any luck. I think one gets "stuck" with them once you buy. The park owners and manager are for sure no better than the houses. Be careful if you buy and go to a park. Better off to place on your own lot!!!!!