pricing

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Kay Woods

pricing

Post by Kay Woods » Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:55 am

Hello, Just found this site and was hoping that maybe you could help advise. I am looking into buying a used modular, and am trying to find out how much it would have cost when brand new. The man that had it put in has died so can not ask him and his mother who has it does not know the info. What I can find out is that it is 1995 Brigadier, plan # 464 6826 with 1745Sq. Ft., 3 bedroom, 2 bath. I spent time at the court house and found his original mortgage but do not know what he had down for the place. The place was only lived in a short while as he died and when he got it he did not get any furniture or any thing like that. It looks brand new. I contacted the gal who works for the finance company that he used and she claims to not know the exact info but that she believes from memory that it was right at 80 thousand. He did finance 60 thousand with the place being on 1 acre. The mother is now asking 84,900 thousand with it being on 10 acres. It is very nice and an excellent location. I am just wondering if I would be getting took on the purchase price. Thank's

Kay Woods

more info

Post by Kay Woods » Mon Jan 06, 2003 9:18 am

The survey discription at the court house list's it as serial # B40928A/B. The place is considered "real property". When he was alive he barrowed the 60 thousand (1996) then after he died his girlfriend who was also on the original mortgage as 1/2 interest barrowed 59,500.00 (2000). The place is set on what was discribed as a sunkin concrete foundation pillars with what I can see as being brick's ontop of the concrete. In 1996 it was classified as 1 acre then in 2000 classified as 10 acres. Any advice is much appreciated.

John

Re: more info

Post by John » Mon Jan 06, 2003 1:22 pm

What are comps in the area? From what you described you would pay about $45 per foot for house and 10 acres. Are there any out buildings, garage or anything else. New construction will run $55-$65++ per foot plus land so I would check other houses in the area and see where you stand.

rmurray

Re: more info

Post by rmurray » Mon Jan 06, 2003 2:01 pm

What the man paid for the home makes little difference...What does matter is comparible property in the area...Only you can make the up you mind if it is a value in the area...If you are not sure you can hire a real estate appraisor to do an appraisal...This will cost about $ 350...

It would make a difference is the lot was 10 acres or 1 acre....But even if the smaller is it...it could be a good buy...

The best thing is the condition...Seldom do you find used homes as good as you describe...If all is good...you should move for ward before some one else does..