Leaks in belly wrap

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Earrewen

Leaks in belly wrap

Post by Earrewen » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:47 pm

Hey all, I own a manufactured home on a mostly permanent crawlspace foundation. Last summer we had a leak that was in the belly wrap and underneath the floor so it went unnoticed until the water built up inside the wrap and ruined the subfloor and cost me an insane amount of money to get fixed. Are there any recommendations to try to prevent this in the future? The house is 20 years old and all pex plumbing. I'm assuming most of the plumbing has never been replaced so it's bound to have issues eventually. Unfortunately it's causing me an insane amount of anxiety that it's going to happen again and I won't know. Besides replacing all the plumbing, just hoping for any recommendations. The only thing I can maybe think of is pulling the majority of the water lines outside of the belly wrap. I'm in SW Ohio, but I think with my vents in the crawlspace being closed off that it would never get below freezing. That would still leave some of the drains and of course actual water connections in there, but maybe it's better than nothing. Appreciate any suggestions so I don't lose my mind haha.