1988 refurbished good deal but will it last?

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

mdc10264

1988 refurbished good deal but will it last?

Post by mdc10264 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:14 pm

Well, living in Florida I was Leary to buy a older manufactured home built in 1988 BUT we got such a good deal, I am taking a chance, It is a 1,100 sq ft Palm Harbor home. We own the land so no lot rent & a small HOA fee.

We paid 95 k for the home & land in a upscale park where you own the land. the 90 year old lady who never smoked, just put in 60 pile carpet & a brand new 3 ton ac system at a cost of 8 grand along with new ac duct work & a wifi thermostat. Last but not least, she also had the vapor barrier complexly replaced with a lifetime warranty, This is such a nice home & with thousands of improvements we just could not refuse to purchase it.
It does need new windows, interior painting, & we replaced the toilets & we decided due to age, to replumb the entire home & are looking at replacing the windows, They are single pain and original to the home. We worry about insurance, Citizens was the only insurance that wrote the policy is a ACV policy & insured for only 60,000 that makes me nervous. Any advice how to not worry so much, This truly has been refurbed and in nice shape. I forgot to mention the home was releveled & had new anchors this was done in November 2023. I hope we make the right choice. This home is VERY AFFORDABLE and we like the 55+ lifestyle,