1981 double wide looks very nice advice needed

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

mdc10264

1981 double wide looks very nice advice needed

Post by mdc10264 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:12 pm

I can sure use some advice

We found a what seems to be a well cared for 1981 mobile home, it is in a well-known co-op community in Polk County, Florida.We like everything about the home. Except it looks a bit dated inside (very 80s) But tastefully done & we can fix that over time. No odd smells & what we know is the older couple have had it for nearly 30 years and passed away.
The home is now in the hands of relatives that live 1,500 miles away and know very little of what has been done to this home. It comes fully furnished with some very nice furniture and electronics. It SEEMS who ever had it took care of it.
I did not look at the plumbing to see if it had shut off valves I forgot to check that, I suspect it may have updated plumbing. I would get a complete inspection before I buy it. We offered to buy for $110,000 all in, I think that's fair. It's 43 years old BUT they will not consider that, nope!!! $140,000 is the lowest so, If we want it the price is $140,000
The home will come with a 12-month warranty, who even knows if that's worth anything?? The vents in the house come up from the floor. Is there anything to be concerned with having ac vents on the floor and not the ceiling.
I am SHOCKED at home prices. New manufactured homes set on land or in a co-op are running $225,000 and up. Those prices make this home attractive.
What do I need to look for IF we decide to spend that kind of money on what seems to be a very nice older home.

Here is what we KNOW was done,
new HVAC 6 years ago,
roof replaced in 2012,
new windows, all of them
new kitchen and dining room laminate floors & they feel very solid.New refrigerator and a fancy big clothes washer dryer.

croaknavel

Re: 1981 double wide looks very nice advice needed

Post by croaknavel » Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:43 pm

With what you describe about the house, I think this is a reasonable price compared to the market of $110,000. You should consider renovating the vents in your home, which are better placed on the ceiling.

analyzeanother

Re: 1981 double wide looks very nice advice needed

Post by analyzeanother » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:52 am

I think this price is reasonable forconnections puzzle the house