What are legal repairs to request during exterior inspections? Windows?

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

OwnerSelling

What are legal repairs to request during exterior inspections? Windows?

Post by OwnerSelling » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:21 pm

Is it legal for a landlord to ask you to replace windows because of "degassing"? I am selling a 1985 home, and the exterior was inspected for resale. The report says I need to replace a window because of "degassing", and it also says all windows match. If I replace one, I'll have to replace all in order to match. The windows are in the exact same condition they were in when we moved in 7 years ago. There is hazing in between the panes that has always been there. They do not leak and they are not damaged. Is this a legal request? How is this exterior? We had a professional weather proofing company work on the entire house. They said that although the haze isn't pretty, it does not need repair and it is not leaking.

90.632 "A landlord may not require removal of a manufactured dwelling or floating home, or consider a dwelling or home to be in disrepair or deteriorated, because of the age, size, style or original construction material of the dwelling or home or because the dwelling or home was built prior to adoption of the National Manufactured Housing Construction and Safety Standards Act of 1974 (42 U.S.C. 5403), in compliance with the standards of that Act in effect at that time or in compliance with the state building code as defined in ORS 455.010 (Definitions for ORS chapter 455)."

“In order for your landlord to give you this kind of Notice your home must be in need of repair because an external component is broken, collapsing, causing a safety hazard, generally in need of maintenance, or not in compliance with building or housing codes. A landlord cannot consider your home to be in poor condition because of the age, size, style or original construction materials of the home.”

If anyone can help me find out if this is a legal request, I would greatly appreciate it. With this sort of report, my home is being devalued immensely.