Age of mobile home

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Jensummer01

Age of mobile home

Post by Jensummer01 » Sat May 01, 2021 5:38 pm

Hello! I am trying to help my dad search for a mobile home to buy in one of these 55+ developments. I’ve been trying to look for newer 90a and after rather than the older ones but one just came to the market from the early 70s. Is there such thing as too old or does it matter how it was maintained etc? He is going to see it tomorrow and I’m wondering what people think? Thanks for any help!!

waseemkhan

Re: Age of mobile home

Post by waseemkhan » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:55 am

Hello !!
Age of Mobile Home
i want help of you in problems so kindy contact me thanks best of luck !!

waseemkhan

Post by waseemkhan » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:01 am

hello!!
i want sol your problems so kindly contact me thanks

MicheleStickley

Post by MicheleStickley » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:21 am

I know that new mobile homes have much stricter HUD requirements if you live in a hurricane zone. But that said I lived for about 15-20 years in a 1974 mobile home in South Florida that went through Andrew, Irma, Wilma, and all the others and the only damage it took was about $150.00 worth of skirting lost. But other mobiles around me took heavy damage. I did have a plethora of elder bushes and I think they provided a lot of wind and debris block , though.

Ethan Connor

Post by Ethan Connor » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:04 am

The life of mobile home can be increased by doing regular maintenance and renovations. I think mobile home are better place to live rather then fixed homes. :D :D