Page 1 of 1

1997 Fleetwood waffle frame

Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:59 pm
by mickus57
I bought a used 1997 Fleetwood 16x80 feet. Several movers have declined to move it because it has a waffle frame. I cant find anything about this. Can someone tell me what it is and why no one will move it? Is there anything that can be done to help get it moved? Getting desperate.

Re: 1997 Fleetwood waffle frame

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:38 am
by lobuc
Try getting in touch with a modular mover not manufactured home mover they might have some outside the box ideas. Maybe you could get a welder to gusset/plate the known weak points. The frame can be removed all together along with ductwork and piping and moved with a modular trombone type trailer. You might also try a heavy equipment mover with a lowboy stretch deck.