DMV CANNOT LOCATE MOBILE HOME

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

mro

DMV CANNOT LOCATE MOBILE HOME

Post by mro » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:04 pm

I am trying to purchase a mobile home and the seller does not have the title nor the serial number so I got the number on the HUD label and paid $100.00 to IBTS to provide me with the serial number. IBTS provided a serial number and I called DMV with the serial number they provided to confirm who is in title and if title is clear so we can order a duplicate title and proceed with the sale of mobile home to me. DMV informed the number provided by IBTS is not coming up at all. How do I get clear title to this mobile home? I need to be sure I purchase this clean so nobody can come back in the future and try to claim it. Any help would be soooo appreciated.

mcbridebr

Re: DMV CANNOT LOCATE MOBILE HOME

Post by mcbridebr » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:31 pm

I am going through this process right now myself. Did you ever get this fixed?

I did the IBTS thing and the VIN returns NOTHING with DMV. They informed me that I could get a License and Theft Inspector to come out and verify VIN. Or I can go through a bond process to get the title. But I am still hoping there is a better way.