Building of a small unit

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

lupacexi

Building of a small unit

Post by lupacexi » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:40 am

I presently own a manufactured home on an acre of land. I’m now alone, getting up in age and can no longer take care of the place like I did, so I am looking to downsize. I will be selling and relocating to be nearer my daughter.
I have designed a small stand alone manufactured home about 36'X14' that will accommodate me and my animals. The place will be small enough to put behind and to side of my daughter’s double wide located on 1.5 acres, which will keep me close to the family, yet independent. It will be connect via the back deck and utilities. It is to be made like a manufactured home, anchored, but movable if my daughter decides to sell her place some day. It will be left to her in my Will so she will be able to rent the place when I’m gone. The object is to keep my independence, be near family in case of an emergency, and save us both money.
It needs to have white siding with black trim and roof color to match main home. I want to keep the expense down as I want to pay cash from the sell of my home. Therefore, left over or used materials can be used as long as they are in good condition. Even interior walls can be of different designs as we will be painting them. Just need to keep them light in color as I will paint white throughout. However, I do want it well insulated. I prefer unfinished or pecan colored cabinets.
Do you know of anyone that might be able to build a custom mobile home for me? I can send the design and detailed info. I will need a couple quotes.
a. One for the unit without cabinets or carpet.
b. Another with noted cabinets to match drawing.

SolarBiz

Re: Building of a small unit

Post by SolarBiz » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:05 pm

We (Solar Integrated Products) can design, build, deliver, & install the SolarMPOD Electrical Power unit, that will give the hot water, A/C, electrical appliances (stove, oven, toaster, Microwave, TV, lights), etc.
Once your small unit is built, you just hook up the SolarMPOD. No Electrical Utility companies necessary.
Here is our website: https://www.solarmpod.com
This way you have the power to turn it off whenever you want or wherever you go. Our product is mobile, therefore no permitting necessary. Please take a look at the options available?
Thank you for your time.
John

KenBalbari

Re: Building of a small unit

Post by KenBalbari » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:28 am

You left out a critical piece of information, where you want this home to be located. Transportation costs are high, so manufactured homes tend to be most economical within a few hundred miles of a factory. There are many factories which will have a high degree of custimization available, but your options will depend on what factories are nearest to your location.