Blend Air ll

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

deanmaycock

Blend Air ll

Post by deanmaycock » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:19 am

My home was built by Fleetwood in 2003, the company failed and is out of business. The current Fleetwood company will not respond to my question.

Which is: Does the Blend Air ll system adequately ventilate the attic?

The roof is in need of replacement due to wind damage over the years. If the blend Air system has a history of less than adequate ventilation, now would be a good time to make improvements.

Any input would be appreciated.

deanmaycock

Re: Blend Air ll

Post by deanmaycock » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:21 pm

So that anyone else who may be facing this situation, here is the reply I received from the manufacturer of the Blend Air system:

"The blend air 2 has a flex duct that attaches to the top of the furnace to a vent on the roof so when the blower in the furnace runs it can allow fresh air into the home. It has an attic motor as well that works with soffit vents to ventilate the attic.

The blend air systems are an accessory that is mounted to our furnaces as well as having a motor mounted in the attic. The blend air 2 and other motorized damper models and ones that incorporate an attic motor for attic ventilation are obsolete and some of the replacement parts for them are no longer available. The only one used currently only has the duct that attaches to the top of the furnace for fresh air in the home, attic ventilation is handle by other means.

With the blend air 2 and some of its parts being obsolete, I would recommend they look into other means of ventilating their attic".

Thank You
Johnson Controls
Manufactured Housing Dept