Roof leaking

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

weston777

Roof leaking

Post by weston777 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:36 pm

I have a 1980 kaufman & broad manufactured home with a roof leak I can't find. I have patched several areas that looked like they might have been a problem without any luck, the roof is sagging under the swamp cooler and looks like it was leaking but I have put a cover over it and it didn't stop the leaking. the leaks are in the middle bedroom closet and in the right hand living room window and the wall next to it. the roof has been worked on before to correct this problem but I don't know if the problem was fixed and has resurfaced or if was ever corrected. I know there are no places water can enter on top so it must be entering somewhere around the edge. I'm at my wits end trying to figure this out. I have only had the place for 6 months. I really need a diagram of the home but i'm thinking that's not really possible. anybody know where I can get info on this old girl?

JamalWalker

Re: Roof leaking

Post by JamalWalker » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:29 am

Hi there! I think you may take the help of a professional in finding out the solution for the leak. This leak problem is very dangerous as it affects the structure of the house so, to repair the leak as soon as it detects in the house is very important. For the diagram of the house you may also contact the contractor who will help you and guide you. Few days back when we got the problem of roof leak in the house, my cousin recommended us to contact a public adjuster Orlando for filing an insurance claim and also to repair the leak.