Location of water heater in my 1974 vindale mobile home

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Bigtimb62

Location of water heater in my 1974 vindale mobile home

Post by Bigtimb62 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:41 am

Recently bought a 1974 Vindale mobile home. Water heater needs to be replaced. Not sure of its location.

Ron HALL

Re: Location of water heater in my 1974 vindale mobile home

Post by Ron HALL » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:55 pm

I am no expert on this, but if there is not an water heater door on the outside then the water heater is probably located behind the end wall of a clothes closet. That is the location of mine. Clear out the clothes, and remove the wall. When I did this I saw that the floor of the water heater was rotted out and the water heater was leaning against the wall. I remove the water heater and tore out the rotted floor and rebuilt the floor. I then installed a new door from the bedroom to have access to the water heater. Hopes this helps.
Ron

Ron HALL

Re: Location of water heater in my 1974 vindale mobile home

Post by Ron HALL » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:57 pm

I am no expert on this, but if there is not an water heater door on the outside then the water heater is probably located behind the end wall of a clothes closet. That is the location of mine. Clear out the clothes, and remove the wall. When I did this I saw that the floor of the water heater was rotted out and the water heater was leaning against the wall. I remove the water heater and tore out the rotted floor and rebuilt the floor. I then installed a new door from the bedroom to have access to the water heater. Hopes this helps.
Ron