1998 Skyline 1301-CT Help needed

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

mlcurtis69

1998 Skyline 1301-CT Help needed

Post by mlcurtis69 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:27 am

Hi All,

We purchased this 1998 Skyline 1301-CT a little over 4 years ago. We're replacing the carpeting in one of the bedrooms. I took up the old carpet and pad to find a section of the (what I'm guessing is MDF) flooring damaged from what I can only imagine is a previous owners dog urinating multiple times in the same area.

What I want to do is cut the section of bad floor out and replace it before we have the new carpet installed. What kind of nightmare am I in for? Or will it be as simple as I'm praying it will be? Does anyone know what thickness level this might be without me trying to figure it out on my own? I'm guessing 5/8th. The only MDF they have at Home Depot is 5/8" and 3/4". I'm hoping I can just adjust my circular saw to the depth of the board, cut the section out, and replace it. Doable? Thanks in advance for your help.

Oh, and since I'm a new user here, and new to the specifics on these homes, why can I not get any info from Skyline on the model we purchased? I e-mailed them way back when we first moved in and they told me they don't keep that information. Which I find pretty hard to believe. I was hoping to find a floor plan with measurements at the very least.

Best Regards,

Mark