Heating cost question or comparison help please

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

dannyell

Heating cost question or comparison help please

Post by dannyell » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:19 pm

I am new here and just hoping some manufactured home owners can help me. I currently own a 72 singlewide and I am in the process of deciding on what I want to buy as far as upgrades are concerned. I have done lots of research and really to no avail cant get any useful information. So in short I would like to know if anyone can give me an idea on how much their homes cost to heat in winter in a comparable climate I am in middle Minnesota. Now I am asking this primarily because right now I live in an older singlewide with 1x3 walls my windows are single pane storm windows some have inner and outer...and my heating bill electricity etc is roughly 250 a month. Now I am looking to get a bigger manufactured home but I am trying to weigh the advantages and cost in the long run. Such as 2x4 vs. 2x6 construction and heating cost as I know it will not be cheap for the upgrade and really 2x4 with drywall would already be an upgrade in my opinion.. I currently have all gas appliances and would probably do the same. Sorry if I am rambling and giving useless information. If anyone can let me know what they have for size of home size of exterior walls and their heating costs would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!