Preowned M.H. market?

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

dougk

Preowned M.H. market?

Post by dougk » Mon May 28, 2007 10:48 am

My wife and I have inherited a Manufactured Home on a property in Oregon. We are planning to move there but the house does not fit our needs. I am trying to find out if it's feasible to sell the existing home and replace it with a new one. Can anyone advise if there is a market for selling a home w/o land and how to tap into it?

Thanks!
dougk

admin

Re: Preowned M.H. market?

Post by admin » Tue May 29, 2007 6:57 am

If your desire is to replace the existing home with a new one the best way to handle the exchange is through a local reputable dealer. You can use the existing home as a trade-in to bring down the cash price of the new home or as a partial or even full down payment.

This eliminates the waiting period, while you try to market the old home and relieves you of the chores involved in prepping the home for resale, advertising, appearing on site at the whim of potential buyers to show the home, and handling the paper work involved in transfer of title.

Additionally, the dealer will take responsibility for removing the older home from your site. If you sell the home your self "where is as is" it will be much more difficult to sell than if it is sold delivered and installed. Most buyers have no idea where to start in arraigning such a move and applying for the permits for the reinstallation and transportation. Are you prepared to take these responsibilities and liabilities?

You can get a good idea what the existing home is worth by ordering a BOOK VALUE REPORT online at www.MobileHome.com/bookvalue

This service will give you a very economical evaluation of your home based on the information you submit. What you will get back is the typical resale value of that year make and size home across the country for on delaer lots over the past few months.

This is not a full home appraisal . The reports address possibilities that include the manufactured home ONLY. No appraisal, evaluation or consideration of land value, location, or local market conditions are included and those factors could greatly effect the real market value of your manufactured home and the land where it sits.
David Oxhandler
mailto:[email protected]

scottman

Post by scottman » Wed May 30, 2007 8:26 am

Your home will NOT sell for a very favorable price without the land. If you read thru the forums, you will see that it is mostly the land that appreciates and has value.

Mac

Post by Mac » Wed May 30, 2007 12:42 pm

Where in Oregon is this?

dougk

Post by dougk » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:35 pm

Thank you all for your response. I was surprised to find that one of the retailers said they could possibly take the existing home in trade. I will run the report when I have all the info at hand. It will be nice to have an Idea if I'm being offered a fair price.

Mac to answer your question the home is in Seal Rock, OR.

Thanks again!

Doug

Mac

Post by Mac » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:07 pm

Can't help you with that market as we live in NW Oregon (SW of Portland). The market here is doing *OK* - not as hot as last year.

kotowich

Re: Preowned M.H. market?tropicana or bay homes

Post by kotowich » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:39 pm

we need info on Trioicana or Bay homes

rmurray

Re: Preowned M.H. market?tropicana or bay homes

Post by rmurray » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:06 pm

Maybe Bay Manor by Homes of Merit ??? What kind of info do you want?