Hi everyone,
My mobile home carport is slightly too low for a taller vehicle. I'm wondering if it's possible to raise the existing structure instead of replacing it completely.
Has anyone done this before? What was the cost, and were there any structural or permit issues I should be aware of?
Thanks you so much!
Raising the height of a Mobile Home carport
-
DarinVBarnett
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2026 9:56 pm
Raising the height of a Mobile Home carport
I enjoy playing war the knights on this website whenever I have free time.
-
daisymaria
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2026 1:20 am
Re: Raising the height of a Mobile Home carport
I think raising an existing carport could be a practical solution if the structure is in good condition, but I would definitely have it inspected first to make sure it can be modified safely. EaglerCraft
-
Baumgartnera
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2026 12:43 am
Re: Raising the height of a Mobile Home carport
That's a common dilemma, Darin! Raising a carport can definitely be done, but you're right to consider the structural and permit implications. Sometimes, adding extensions to the existing posts or even building a new, taller frame around the old one can work. It reminds me of the intricate layering in papa's freezeria – so many components to consider!
-
MatthewDBartling
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2026 2:57 am
Re: Raising the height of a Mobile Home carport
Raising a carport is definitely doable by extending the posts or building a new frame, but you should get it inspected and check local permits first. ! Good luck with the upgrade.DarinVBarnett wrote: ↑Sun Jun 14, 2026 10:00 pm Hi everyone,
My mobile home carport is slightly too low for a taller vehicle. I'm wondering if it's possible to raise the existing structure instead of replacing it completely.
Has anyone done this before? What was the cost, and were there any structural or permit issues I should be aware of?
Thanks you so much!
-
MatthewDBartling
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2026 2:57 am
Re: Raising the height of a Mobile Home carport
GreatDarinVBarnett wrote: ↑Sun Jun 14, 2026 10:00 pm Hi everyone,
My mobile home carport is slightly too low for a taller vehicle. I'm wondering if it's possible to raise the existing structure instead of replacing it completely.
Has anyone done this before? What was the cost, and were there any structural or permit issues I should be aware of?
Thanks you so much!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 16 guests