HUD plate

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

sam_pennington76

HUD plate

Post by sam_pennington76 » Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:24 pm

I’m working on buying a 1984 medallion mobile home. I don’t know anything about the buying process and am learning as I go. I have found the HUD plate on the outside of the trailer but it has been painted over. The number on it is still legible due to it being stamped it but the words are not. Is it worth trying to get the paint off or is it a wasted effort that I should just get a certificate? Or is still usable since the number is visible? Any help will be appreciated.

bettyking

Re: HUD plate

Post by bettyking » Wed Jun 05, 2024 1:38 am

I'd recommend trying to carefully remove the paint first if possible. If that's not feasible, then pursue getting an official replacement HUD document. Having the full information will make the purchase and ownership process much smoother io games

strikerdoting

Post by strikerdoting » Thu Jun 13, 2024 12:42 am

My range hood over my island was falling out of the ceiling because the manufacturer had neglected to screw it into one of the studs. There is a thin wooden housing attached to this range hood. What advice would you give as I don't think the studs should be repaired where they are?

rafterfresh

Post by rafterfresh » Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:31 am

sam_pennington76 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:24 pm I’m working on buying a 1984 medallion mobile home. I don’t know anything about the buying process and am learning as I go. I have found the HUD plate on the outside of the trailer but it has been painted over. The number on it is still legible due to it being stamped it but the words are not. Is it worth trying to get the paint off or is it a wasted effort that I should just get a certificate? Or is still usable since the number is visible? Any help will be appreciated.
I think what you need to do most now is to try to remove the paint carefully first. If that is not feasible, then pursue obtaining an official replacement HUD document. Having complete information will help the buying and selling process go more smoothly