[old manufactured house] Can we add HVAC vents in room ?

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Kevin_kevin

[old manufactured house] Can we add HVAC vents in room ?

Post by Kevin_kevin » Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:08 am

One of old manufactured houses that we have doesn’t have vents in rooms for HVAC.

There is a small room like a cabinet for a heater. However there was no heater, and there was no hoses from the cabinet, and there was no vents in each room.
Please let me know if it is possible to add vents each room from a heater, and is it legal to do that?
Do we have to hire an expert or can we do ourself?
We are quite handy. So I think we can install vents on each room, and connect from a heater.
However I don’t know if there is certain things that can be very dangerous if we don’t follow code, etc.

Please share what you think.
We're going to rent out the manufactured house.

Thank you.

hurtstingy

Re: [old manufactured house] Can we add HVAC vents in room ?

Post by hurtstingy » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:51 pm

I think you should hire a professional to do it because this is quite complicated.

earningsestate

Post by earningsestate » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:05 am

While it is possible to make some modifications yourself, workingfireboy and watergirl with HVAC systems can be complex and requires expertise. It is generally recommended to hire a licensed professional who can assess your specific situation, provide guidance on feasibility, obtain necessary permits if required, and ensure the work is done safely and effectively.

anniesteuber

Post by anniesteuber » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:59 am

It may be wise to hire a professional HVAC contractor who has the expertise and experience to handle the installation correctly. They can ensure that the system is properly designed, the ductwork is sized correctly, and the airflow is balanced throughout the house.

anniesteuber

Post by anniesteuber » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:03 am

HVAC systems involve electrical components, airflow calculations, and proper ductwork installation. If you are not experienced in HVAC installations, it's advisable to hire a licensed HVAC professional to assess the situation and provide expert guidance. They can ensure proper sizing, placement, and connection of vents, as well as compliance with safety standards.
Last edited by anniesteuber on Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.