Tenant rights regarding selling pre-hud homes- sitting someone else's property.

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
rwesson

Tenant rights regarding selling pre-hud homes- sitting someone else's property.

Post by rwesson » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:58 am

The landlord of the property where my prehud sits claims he has the right to disallow the owners of prehud homes in his trailer park to sell their property, because he wants all older ones removed. He states we can live here until we die, or just move and he will not charge us for dismantling and removing it. This seems like it should be illegal.

rwesson

Re: Tenant rights regarding selling pre-hud homes- sitting someone else's property.

Post by rwesson » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:07 pm

Is it legal for the owner of the trailer park where my pre hud sits to not allow me to sell my mobile home because he wants all older trailers removed so only newer ones are in the park. And if so, shouldn't he be required buy law to to pay me the value of trailer if I would like to move? I live in Colorado and have resided at my
current residence for the past 13 years.

Thank you for any information you may be able to give me.

RWesson

David Oxhandler

Re: Tenant rights regarding selling pre-hud homes- sitting someone else's property.

Post by David Oxhandler » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:24 pm

Colorado’s mobile home park law says that

"Most mobile homeowners, when they decide to relocate, want to sell their home on-site. Read the rental agreement for the restrictions, criteria and procedures of your particular park. In order to avoid surprises, ask what criteria are currently in place in your park, if no policy is stated in the rental agreement. Common considerations for approving an on-site sale include:

• Compliance with current rules and regulations
• Compliance with safety codes (electrical, fire, etc.)
• Age, construction of and/or overall condition of the home

If the park does not approve a mobile home for on-site sale, the homeowner may still show the home for sale in the park, but the home must be moved out of the park when it is sold. However, parks may not unreasonably restrict the resale of a home in the park. A park will typically have restrictions regarding placement, size and character of “For Sale” signs, for example, but cannot absolutely prohibit such signs.

Park management cannot require a standard selling fee or transfer fee from a homeowner wishing to sell their mobile home or from a prospective buyer as a condition of continued tenancy in the park. However, reasonable selling or transfer fees for services actually performed by the management can be charged to the seller if agreed to in writing."

Source http://www.ci.longmont.co.us/cnr/handbo ... htm#onsite

If you have a legal dispute, the Colorodo Office of Dispute Resolution (ODR) may be able to help. The ODR exists to establish and make available dispute resolution programs and services within the Colorado Judicial Branch
David Oxhandler
[email protected]