Mobile home titling in PA

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
gretchenmarshall

Mobile home titling in PA

Post by gretchenmarshall » Tue May 21, 2013 9:27 am

I live in the state of Pennsylvania and bought a mobile home several years ago on a piece of property this was a foreclosure I was not able to retiree the title then because the banks did not want bothered but an exhibit was attached to my deed stating that the mobile home was a permanent fixture on the property. Three years later I am trying to sell this place and I need to retire the title and the state will not let me because I am not on the title and they still see that the previous owner has a mortgage on it (The bank did not communicate with the state) do you know what I can do about this? do you have any guidance on this situation?

rmurray

Re: Mobile home titling in PA

Post by rmurray » Tue May 21, 2013 10:52 pm

You need PA legal help.. I would go talk to the attorney who handled your mortgage closing 3 years ago. The previous owners lender should have released their lien with the state shortly after they got paid. They should have forwarded the old title to the attorney who paid them and he should have transferred it to you or retired it then..Make your first call to this attorney (probably the one who prepared the deed).

Keep us informed.