i need help

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
irisg

i need help

Post by irisg » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:51 am

I have been living in a MHP for three years and during that time there have been alot of issues going on in the park. I have brought it to the park owners attention, who, inturn will bring it to the park manager's attention, but nothing has ever been done and she has not followed up with anytihng she is supposedto. There are many issues that need to be addressed, harassment issues, bodily harm issues. Thepark manager is guilty herself of the majority of these and0s) does not follow through with any of the rules that she makes. there is also a tenant here inthe park who harasses us on several occasions when she is not on her medication. ( she lives with her motherin a 55+ community). May I say that themother doesnot need any help as she is very mobile and takes care of herself ( she is in her 60s) so I do not know whay this woman is staying with her. She causes nothing but problems. We have already had the police here in the park several times b/c of it. Now this young lady ( who lives with her mother) has also have her sonliving with her who is 26. The park manager is aware that he is here ( it was supposed to be a temp thing) and has not said anything to him and thus he now is a tenant here. I cannot even sit out on my deck now b/c of the daughter. She yells and screams at me from her home ( which is a triangle across from us)- this happens on several occasions. I try to ignore her but this is becoming an every day occurrence and I know that the park manager will do absolutely nothing, as she has done before. I am at my rope. Since we have a home here, we have every right to be here and enjoy the otudoors when we want to without having to watch out for this young lady. I would like to know what my options are, as I have many issues that need to be dealt with. We are on a fixed income and do not have the money to hire an attorney. I know I have a legal case ( harassment, intimidation, etc) so would be very happy if you could point me in the right direction.

Thank you

David Oxhandler

Re: i need help

Post by David Oxhandler » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:58 am

Irisq -

The Mobilehome Residency Law is California’s landlord/tenant law for mobile home park residents. No other state has such a comprehensive body of law. Download California Mobilehome Residency Law

For Help in California you need to contact:

California Rural Legal Assistance
Phone: 760-398-7261
Write: 1460 6th St.
Coachella, CA 92236
E-mail Form: [www.crla.org]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]

Golden State Manufactured-Home Owners League
Phone: 800-888-1727
Write: 11021 Magnolia St.
Garden Grove, CA 92841
E-mail: [www.gsmol.org]