What're your experiences in a mobile home park?

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
MMI

What're your experiences in a mobile home park?

Post by MMI » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:52 am

I'm not sure if I should start this thread here or elsewhere, but here goes. If it's in the wrong place, move it to a more appropriate place.

For those who live in a mobile home park-community, what is life like there? What are some considerations and issues that may come up, both positive and negative? Obviously, no two MH communities are the same, but I'd just like to get some idea of some things I might expect.

Is it hard to find one that would allow an indoor cat or two?
Is it hard to find one that enforces a conservative, settled lifestyle?

Any experiences you might describe would be appreciated.

David Oxhandler

Re: What're your experiences in a mobile home park?

Post by David Oxhandler » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:25 am

Land-lease communities come in all shapes sizes and flavors. To find what you are looking for visit as many communities as you can in the locations that best suite you.

The best way to do your home works is to start by visiting the park, not the management. Drive through - stop and talk to residents - seek the answers to your questions from the folks that would become your neighbors. If the residents are happy to be there and pleased with management they will be happy to let you know. If on the other hand they have problems with management or neighbors they will also be anxious to share their opinions.

Be an educated consumer. Check out several communities in the same area to compare home prices, lot rent, amenities and those living conditions that are important to you.
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

MMI

Post by MMI » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:37 am

Thanks again, David. There are some pretty awful sounding horror stories about mobile home communities elsewhere on this forum. They're describing things similar to what I'm having to live with in my current apartment situation.

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:16 pm

As in apartment complexes you will find the good the bad and the ugly. Its up to you to buy not just the home but also life style that your looking for. Read the following free articles to hjelp you jump start your education:

Private Property or a Land-Lease Community?

This Thing Called Ownership - - - -

Picking a 55+ Community

Home Sweet Mobile Home: Co-Ops Deliver Ownership
David Oxhandler
[email protected]