roaches from a discarded sofa

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
PACHE_1999

roaches from a discarded sofa

Post by PACHE_1999 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:02 pm

I live in a mobile home park. In 7-31-11 someone disarded a sofa by the dumpsters that are directly across the street from my house. We called the on-site manager and left a voicemail on their cell phone of the situation. Monday night the sofa was still there and we noticed the some roaches were trekking toward our house. we then proceeded to go the store to buy spray to kill the roaches. At about 10:30 pm I called the the manager and had him come to where we were with the roaches. When the mgr. got to us he loudly exclaimed, " what do you want me to do,I'm on vacation!" He didn't take the sofa away until tuesday. My son and I spent monday evening up to 3 am tuesday fighting the roaches trying to keep them from coming into our house. We don't have ants and did not have roaches in our house, but know we have roaches popping up in our house. Shouldn't management be held accountable for that? The manager thinks not.

David Oxhandler

Re: roaches from a discarded sofa

Post by David Oxhandler » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:58 pm

Your problem is aggravating but falls into a grey area. Is the park or the tenant who dumped the sofa responsible? You can argue that point all day and never get all involved to agree. If your not going to get quick action you must do whatever is needed to protect your home

Go to your local supermarket and get those roach-motel things. They are very effective and inexpensive and will do the job a lot faster than you can convince management to.
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

PACHE_1999

Post by PACHE_1999 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:04 pm

Thank you David. You're right about the aggravation. I will take your advice on the store hunting for those roach motel things. Think tonight I'll dump a load of roaches over the managers fence onto his yard. lol Thanks again. Nice Day

Celtlund

Post by Celtlund » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:37 am

I highly recommend you get a professional pest control company. They will spray both inside and outside your home. Get a monthly or quarterly service contract with them and they will keep your home bug free. Both roaches and ants are very difficult to get out and keep out. PS I do NOT recommend Terminex, get a reputable local exterminator.