Manufacturer for 1976 Imperial Le Baron

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
bjmn

Manufacturer for 1976 Imperial Le Baron

Post by bjmn » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:44 pm

I own a 1976 doublewide Imperial Le Baron Manufactured Home and I wish to contact the manufacturer to verify build date, serial number, Hud Certification, etc.

I cannon find active phone number, email address, or website for the original manufacturer.

Would appreciate any assistance from this forum.

Thank you!
Bjmn

rmurray

Re: Manufacturer for 1976 Imperial Le Baron

Post by rmurray » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:57 pm

Imperial was the manufacturers name. My old memory tells me they were in central Florida and ended operation in the 80's almost 30 years ago..The best I remember these were very nice homes in the Jacobson/ Palm Harbor class of homes. If your home is a 1976 model year, it most likely is a HUD certified home.There is an organization that HUD has allowed to archive and diseminate the old records. It is called IBTS and can be found here;

http://www.ibts.org/label_req.shtml

From their web site:
"HUD Label Verification Request/Request for ULI Data Plate

IBTS assists brokers, homeowners, appraisers, etc. to verify the following information on manufactured homes:

Label Number
Serial Number
Date of Manufacture
Name of the Manufacturer
Type of Home (single, double, triple, multisection)
Location of First Shipment
The Institute for Building Technology and Safety (IBTS), as the Department of Housing and Urban Development's monitoring contractor under the Federal Manufactured Housing Program, is required to maintain all reported certification label applications, and has been the sole source of this data since 1976. The data IBTS maintains comes from manufacturers' production reports. Wind zone information is currently only available for most ULI labeled homes. Please note that HUD labels are not replaced. The verification letter that will be provided by fax suffices in most cases for missing HUD labels or unknown manufacturer data for specific homes. Note: Details for modular or pre-HUD homes built before June 15, 1976 are not available. If you know the home was built before this date, please do not submit your request as we will not research these homes."

Notice the date of manufacturer..homes before them have no records..Even if the home is HUD approved it was built prior to the wind zone requirements and likely not able to be moved with in Florida..GOOD LUCK

Eddie J

Post by Eddie J » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:58 pm

I have an on the frame modular built by a company called Imperial Homes in 1990. They were in Hegins, PA. I wonder if this part of the same company. I believe they are out of business, now. Our house is very well built & if it's the same company, I'm sure yours is, too. Since my home was built to the "BOCA" code & not HUD, there is no HUD Cert, but in the cabinet under the kitchen sink, there is a data plate with a serial number. Also, a engineer's certification that the house meets the "BOCA" code. Maybe that is the case with yours.

Carolyn1

Post by Carolyn1 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:18 pm

I own a singlewide Baron in Michigan. 1976 home. The original sticker states for manufacturing plant as: C. And C. 29449 U.S. #33 West P.O. box 218 Elkhorn Indiana 46514 I hope this helps?