roof leak

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
Lps

roof leak

Post by Lps » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:22 pm

We have had so many roof leaks we finally had to install a new roof after 5 years of owning a new Palm Harbor triple wide. I can't begin to tell you the struggle we had dealing with Palm Harbor. We have 100 different pictures and a report from L&I on all the problems with the roof when they removed the tiles. It was wet under the tiles, marriage line incorrectly put together and on and on. My question now had anyone sued Palm Harbor for damages for faulty repairs? Can anyone put me in touch with someone else that has had problems with one of their homes? I live in Washington state. Also I would be interested in any agency that would help someone that has had problems with a manufactured home. I have contacted the BBB and the Attorney Generals office but that was forcing them to do the repairs. Since the leaks continued and we had to put the roof on I don't know who to go through now.

David Oxhandler

Re: roof leak

Post by David Oxhandler » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:16 pm

If the marriage line was put together incorrectly the responsibility could be with the installer. Try Manufactured Housing State Administrative Agency for WASHINGTON

Department of Labor and Industries
Installer/SAA Program
7273 Linderson Way SW
P.O. Box 44420
Olympia, WA 98504-4220
PH: (800) 647-0982
FAX: (360) 902-5229

There is now a great Do-It-Yourself Roof System Kit For Manufactured Homes. This engineered Energy Star approved system will fit any age or make mobile home, and any roof contour. These kits are available for a single wide, to a triple wide and made to your specifications. See The Rainbow Roof Video and decide for yourself.
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

Lps

Post by Lps » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:18 pm

Thanks this is very useful information.

bonnie22

Post by bonnie22 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:46 pm

I have a [ 2004 new ] HORTON Manufactured home 2004 and it LEAKS and all I get is a run around from the seller and the manufacture, I live in crestview fl. and I would not tell any one to buy a HORTON HOME ,from sanders in PENSACOLA FL.